Cheam Wetlands Presented by Star 98.3 FM
ACTIVITY OVERVIEW: A flat and easy stroll through a 107-hectare park comprised of lake, marsh and forest. Home to 184 different bird species.
- Chill or Thrill?: Chill
- Time: 60-90 minutes
- Distance: 4.6km, 34 meter elevation gain
- Location: 53480 Elgey Rd, Rosedale, BC V0X 1X1. Open 7am to sunset. Google Map
- Notes: Includes picnic tables, running water, and toilets. No dogs. Stroller friendly. Free parking. View trail map.
- Nearby Ice Cream or Craft Brew Locations:
* * * Remember: Be smart and safe. Choose routes and modify tasks so that the Challenge’s Activities are appropriate for you in terms of difficulty, age, health, fitness level, training and skill. If it’s going to be hot consider going out in the early morning and bring lots of water. If there’s flooding check water conditions before heading out. Whenever you’re heading out to the trails tell someone where you’re going and when you’ll be back. Most importantly, have fun! * * *
- Find the big metal bucket thing (called a Marl Scooper) at the edge of the parking lot.
- Start your timer at the Marl Scooper.
- Go left along the gravel trail.
- Walk a few minutes and then veer left at the Loop Trail sign.
- About 10 minutes later you’ll finish the loop trail and be back at the same Loop Trail sign. Continue straight heading back towards the parking lot.
- Get back to the starting point, pass the Marl Scooper, and continue straight along the gravel path following the water’s edge.
- Pass three big square rocks. Continue on the trail for a minute then veer left on the main wide trail.
- A few seconds later – at the junction – continue straight and follow the sign to the floating walkway.
- Put on life jackets and inflate life rafts if you brought them. If not, don’t worry — just keep going.
- Cross two floating bridges to the viewpoint. Turn around and go back to the floating walkway sign junction.
- Go left onto Creek trail.
- Stay left at the next Creek Trail sign junction. You’re going to be doing a little loop and will come back to this same sign junction again.
- Complete the loop and arrive back at the sign.
- Continue straight.
- Turn left at the next junction.
- Go up a little hill and few seconds later veer right to stay on the main trail.
- Stop your timer where you started.
PHOTO / VIDEO:
Share photos or videos from your outing on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #tentrailchallenge so we can find and feature your post ❤
- Mark complete: Once you’ve completed this Activity, click the “Mark Complete” button below. (Note: You’ll see the “Mark Complete” button only when you’re registered and logged-in to your account.)
- Get your badge: After you’ve clicked “Mark Complete”, check your email for your Activity Completion Badge! (Simply save/download the Badge image from the email to your device so you can share.)
- Share: Share your Completion Badge on social media (and any photos or videos you captured during the Activity) with the hashtag #tentrailchallenge to be entered to win cool prizes.
- Connect: Connect with other Challengers by following the #tentrailchallenge on social media, or by making connections via your Profile here, inside your 10 Trail Challenge account.
If you get stuck, check the 10 Trail Challenge FAQs here, or reach out to the Chill and Thrill team. We’re here to help and always happy to connect!