Olund Trail (presented by Landcor)
ACTIVITY OVERVIEW: An out-of-the-way gravel trail through farmlands and woods that takes you down to the Fraser River and back.
- Chill or Thrill? Chill
- Time: 1.25 to 2 hours
- Distance: 6.5km, 75-meter elevation gain
- Location: Douglas Taylor Park, 30801 Harris Rd, Abbotsford, BC V4X 1W2 (Google Map)
- Notes: Dogs must remain on-leash at all times
- Nearby Coffee Shops:
* * * Remember: Be smart and safe. Choose routes and modify tasks so that the Challenge’s Activities are appropriate for you in terms of difficulty, age, health, fitness level, training and skill. Be mindful of conditions and follow local regulations. Most importantly, have fun! * * *
- Following the main trail leaving from the edge of the gravel parking lot.
- Stay right at the first junction and continue following signs to Mission Bridge.
- You will head downhill, then go up and down some small hills.
- Cross the train tracks (Use Caution!).
- Go underneath the train tracks through a short tunnel.
- Next, veer right at the pump house and go up and over the dike trail continuing straight to follow the main trail towards Mission Bridge.
- A couple minutes later you’ll arrive at the turnaround point at the river’s edge. You’ll be in a gravel parking lot with a yellow metal gate at the 3.5km mark.
- Turn around and head back to your car the way you came.
- It’s going to feel like it’s all uphill on the way back because, well, it pretty much is. Oh boy, hills 🙂
PHOTO / VIDEO:
Share photos or videos from your outing on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #tentrailchallenge so we can find and feature your post. You’ll be automatically entered to win great prizes with each post ❤
- Mark complete: Once you’ve completed this Activity, click the “Mark Complete” button below. (Note: You’ll see the “Mark Complete” button only when you’re registered and logged-in to your account.)
- Get your badge: After you’ve clicked “Mark Complete”, check your email for your Activity Completion Badge! (Simply save/download the Badge image from the email to your device so you can share.)
- Share: Share your Completion Badge on social media (and any photos or videos you captured during the Activity) with hashtags #tentrailchallenge and #dogsandtrails to be entered to win cool prizes.
- Connect: Connect with other Challengers by following the #tentrailchallenge on social media, or by making connections via your Profile here, inside your 10 Trail Challenge account.